Establish your Event Communication
A major strength of event technology is the ability to communicate instantly with your attendees. However, with so much to deal with on event day, communication can often fall behind.
By planning and scheduling your communications, you’ll be able to concentrate on running the event with the peace of mind that important information is being relayed to delegates and attendees at the right time.
Lets show you how its done!
what information needs to be communicated?
Make a list and work out what you will need to communicate with your attendees and what can be scheduled in advance. Here are some examples to get you started:
- Changes to scheduled sessions
- Weather forecasts
- Daily welcome and close messages
- Call for feedback – submission forms for sessions, breakouts, speakers or overall event feedback can be attached to push notifications
- Keynote Speakers
- Sponsorship messages
- Promoting ticket sales
The best channel for the job:
1. Push Notifications
Send instant notifications via the Event App, these can be used to direct users to further information or simply act as an announcement, notice or reminder.
- Can be queued to send days, weeks in advance or can be sent immediately
- Can be sent to categories of delegates, tailored to a target a certain audience
- Can be used to redirect to specific pages, especially useful for sponsor advertisements or schedule changes
Tie your Push Notifications in with your social media communications plan. Messages posted to social media profiles can be replicated via Push Notifications… this is effective also for utilizing the Attendee Connect element, the same can be done via the Activity Feed. This creates further exposure to your key messages and broadens your potential audience.
2. Pop-up Messages
These in-app messages appear as users navigate the app.
- Great for welcome messages, usage hints and tips or sponsorship communication
- Work similarly to Push Notifications, but rather than being sent directly to a user’s device they are triggered upon accessing a particular page i.e welcome message upon opening the app for the first time, or sponsorship advert when opening the schedules or forms.
Send an SMS to attendees with their app login or ticket link for quick on-site check-in.
these should be sent shortly before the event.
we would love to sit with you and discuss all your requirements, let us show you how to streamline your events and maximize the experience. hit the link below to book your free obligation free consultation!
looking forward to meeting with you!
The Fast-Forward team